Golfers can aid HCFB while enjoying play on local courses
July 5, 2011
Golfing enthusiasts (regardless of skill level) can enjoy playing with three friends at one of five WCI golf courses between now and Friday, Sept. 30. All they need to do is donate $150 to the Harry Chapin Food Bank and they will receive a complimentary foursome certificate to golf at one of the premier golf courses in Southwest Florida.
WCI Communities is partnering with the food bank and the United Way as a fund raiser for the food bank. Donations must be made online (www.WCIGolf.com and select the Harry Chapin Food Bank icon) prior to Sept. 16. Tee time reservations are available two days in advance.
The five golf courses participating are the following:
• Pelican Preserve Golf Club in Fort Myers (www.PelicanPreserve.com)
• Raptor Bay Golf Club in Bonita Springs (www.RaptorBayGolfClub.com)
• The Colony Golf & Country Club in Bonita Springs (www.TheColonyGolfCC.com)
• Tiburon in Naples (www.TiburonWCI.com)
• Hammock Bay Golf & Country Club in Naples (www.HammockBayGCC.com)
This is the second year for a similar golfing opportunity offered by WCI Communities. Last year’s effort helped raise $22,276 for the Harry Chapin Food Bank. This was leveraged into more than $133,000 in food products to enable the organization to access donated items from a variety of partners.
For more information on the golfing program or to donate, visit www.WCIGolf.com and select the Harry Chapin Food Bank icon.