Sign In | Create an Account | Welcome, . My Account | Logout | Subscribe | Submit News | Home RSS
 
 
 

Sanibel home destroyed by fire

June 8, 2012
SHANNEN HAYES (shayes@breezenewspapers.com) , Island Reporter, Captiva Current, Sanibel-Captiva Islander

A Sanibel home was destroyed by fire the evening of June1.

Sanibel Fire and Rescue District crews were called to 330 Cowry Court around 7 p.m. and fought the blaze until after midnight. The two-story home has been deemed a total loss and unsafe to enter. Flames reportedly caused the flooring to buckle and the home could collapse at any moment.

"We are still waiting to get inside the structure to begin an investigation as to the cause of the fire," said Fire Chief Mike Scott.

Article Photos

JIM LINETTE
The charred remains of the home of Ross and Marion Hauser on Cowry Court has been declared a total loss after fire gutted the structure last week.

Even though Scott said they are not sure how the fire started, it is not considered suspicious. The home is owned by a Chicago couple, Ross and Marion Hauser, who were not on Sanibel Island at the time of the fire.

No injures were reported.

 
 

 

I am looking for:
in:
News, Blogs & Events Web